Saturday, January 16, 2016

The 2 Of Us {CardMaker and May Arts Hop}

Hello Folks! Welcome to my blog today :) I am participating in a big ol' fabulous Valentine's themed card blog hop between May Arts Ribbon / The Ribbon Resource and Cardmaker.

The hop is as follows:
CardMaker
Amy Rysavy
DeeDee Catron <--- you are here!
Carisa Zglobicki
Gini Williams Cagle
Jenifer Cowles
Dawn Lusk
Jennifer Davey
Karen Baker
Kim Klinkovsky
Karen Hanson
Latrice Murphy
Linda Beeson
Lori Williams
Michele Kosciolek
Lisa Silver
Rebecca VanDeMark
Tami Mayberry
Pamela Haskin
Terri Burson
Jen Shears
Tracy McLennon
The Ribbon Resource

If you follow through and comment on everyone's posts you will be entered to win ONE of TWO $25 gift certificates to The Ribbon Resource. 

The card I bring you today is a non-traditional color theme for Valentine's Day... but that doesn't stop it from being AHmazing! Packed full of goodness and lots of little nods and tips to a couple makes me anxious to hand this over to the Mr.! I am thankful that he doesn't mind a little frill, too... haha. Anyways.. here's my card!



The base for my card actually comes from a pack of card bases put out by Strathmore! It's a nice heavy watercolor paper and we all know... I love watercolor paper! So when I found these in my stash I promptly placed them on my desk... and they waited to be used. I layered the card with my Lost and Found collection for 7 Dots Studio. It's jam packed full of vintage toned and patterned papers. I utilized the 6x6 which brings all the 12x12 papers into miniature patterns.. making them perfect for card making. Even the 1+1=2 flashcard comes from the back of one my papers.



Before I glued down the mini flashcard, I stamped a Viva Las VegaStamps! (Early Morning Swahili) stamp in the background with Black Archival ink by Ranger. I also splattered some watered down gesso and Daler Rowney ink in the background. Then comes the gluing of some embellishments.. The giant two is a wooden piece I picked up from the Paper Issues shop in a pack.. I can't remember the manufacturer, sorry! The crown at the top is one of many crown profiles in the Crown Mash by UmWowStudio. It's been covered in Art Sugar by Finnabair for Prima Marketing. The XOXO alphas are by Tim Holtz.



THE OF US alphas are from an older line by 7DS. And the final gorgeous embellishment is made up of TONS of scraps of ribbons from May Arts. I've used Burlap Twine, White Silk, Paper Cording, Box Pleats, Satin Pleats, Mini PomPoms, Double Faced Satin, Champagne Crushed, and even a couple I can't name! They've all been clipped and layered then knotted together. I tied them to the card and then topped the embellishment with a piece from UmWowStudio's Circa Flair set. Don't forget to leave me a comment about my card!

You are onto Carisa Zglobicki next! 

Since we're all in the Valentines SPIRIT I'd like to invite you to join me in an online Valentine's Day themed tag class! Stay tuned in the next couple of days to find out more :)

22 comments:

  1. I love the colors. And the ribbon is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, there is so much texture in this card, it's so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the play on words/designs.
    two is a good number and the layout is so pretty.
    The crown is a good touch.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a FUN card! Like how you used the monotone colors. Lots of great textures and interest! TY 4 sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cute-love the little crown! Thanks for being a part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your card is not in the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the textures on the card...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful--lots of great details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful collection you used to create your card and that sparkly crown set off the ribbons so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your ribbon embellishment is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your card is gorgeous and I love your ribbon embellishment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great saying on your card and sweet colors with your pretty bows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. FABULOUS card DeeDee!!!
    LOVE your FUN design and layered trims - THANK YOU for the CREATIVE INSPIRATION :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great project DeeDee!!! Ribbons are used a very original way like your interpretation of Valentine's Day theme.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! I love the colors in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the card, my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete